Tex Special Projects, a subsidiary of Tex Holdings, undertake research and development for leading edge engineering consultancies. Projects include radio frequency-blocking glazing for both civilian and military applications and the flying control rooms (FLYCO) for the Royal Navy Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers. In recognition for their contribution to technological advances in glazing for the maritime environment, Tex Special Projects were awarded the BAE Systems Bronze Design Award.
Our Maxi-View Tempest glazing and wiper technology defy the most extreme conditions and offer unparalleled visibility for confident, split-second decision making. Environments can be optimised through our heated Maxi-View glass that can adopt attributes such as Electromagnetic Shielding, NBC compliance, Impact resistance and up to BR7 capabilities with optical clarity.
- Maxi-View ‘Tempest’ EMC/EMI/RFI shielding
- IR screening
- Acoustic attenuation
- Optically transparent conductive glass
- Maxi-View heated anti-condensation glass
- UV reduction and controlled solar transmission
- Ballistic and impact resistant
- Large/over-sized window specialist
- Window wiper and washing systems
- MOD approved suppliers
- Turnkey and bespoke solutions
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Assurance
Available for consultation, research and development, and large-scale tender proposals, Tex Special Projects have a proven track record of delivering logistically and technically challenging projects, on time and within budget. Design services are conducted in-house at the UK office, and clients are welcome to visit and discuss their requirements.