Tex ATC Division are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join their team at Claydon Business Park, Great Blakenham near Ipswich. Established in 1996 they are owned by the parent company Tex Holdings plc who are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Tex ATC Division consists of two subsidiaries:
- Tex ATC Services Ltd, a niche engineering group who specialise in design, manufacture and installation of Visual Control Rooms (VCR’s) for both civilian and military applications worldwide including provision of specialist consultancy on many international projects.
- Tex Special Projects Ltd, who design and fabricate specialist civilian and military engineering solutions, undertaking research and development for leading edge engineering projects.
With leading expertise in production of bespoke steel structures and client specific glazing technology, Tex Division use experience, knowledge of material applications and continual research and development to provide products that are value engineered to provide the optimum operational performance in many exciting worldwide projects. We pride ourselves on a relaxed, professional and friendly working regime with a great team spirit.
This is a great opportunity for a Designer who is seeking to move their career to the next level with project ownership and 360 Degree Design responsibilities.
As a lead member of a small design team, you will be responsible for the design, development and costs of current and future projects. You will be responsible for all aspects of the design process using the latest software, from the initial conceptual design, through to completion and acceptance at site. The freedom of creativity is actively encouraged to broaden individual potential and company innovation with excellent opportunities for international travel.
Responsibilities and activities will include but not be limited to:
- Concept generation including the presentation of ideas
- Creating general arrangement, detailed and working drawings to fulfil both presentation and manufacture
- Manage project resource, schedule, costs and administrative tasks
- Undertaking R&D to develop concepts in a rational and thorough process
- Work closely with production to ensure correct interface of design
- Oversee product and component selection to fulfil design requirements
- Attend project review meetings and report progress
- Interaction with clients, representing the design team
- Visiting site and undertaking consultation and problem solving
- Undertake customer approvals
- Opportunities for both UK and Overseas Travel
- Manage technical documentation and production of O&M Manuals
- Internal/external project progress reviews
You will have experience within a design office in the architectural, engineering or construction industry. You will ideally have an understanding of steel structures, facades, building principles and electrical design.
You will have a minimum of GCSE grade C in English and Maths, and an HNC/HND/Degree qualification in a Design or Engineering related discipline.
You will be computer literate and be conversant with the following software:
- 3D modelling software (ideally Solidworks)
- AutoCAD 2D software
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel as a minimum)
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Project and PowerPoint would be an advantage, but not essential
Due to the sensitivity of the material held and employed within the role, the candidate may be required to undergo Security Background Checks. Tex ATC regret that we can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. We operate a Company pension scheme, bonus scheme, employee private healthcare and 25 days of leave plus statutory bank holidays.
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience. Please send CV’s and cover letter with your salary expectation for the attention of Damian Lummis: email@example.com.
See listing on Indeed.co.uk. No agencies.